Saturday, July 19, 2008

OLD MAID!


Well another year has come and gone... yesterday was my 28th birthday and although I am feeling really old, I am very grateful for where I am in life and for all the blessings I have. The birthday celebrations actually started the day before so I was pampered both days! Thursday I went to lunch at The Cheescake Factory with my mom, my sister and all the boys. We had a great time and endulged in some EXCELLENT food! (Thank you mom and Brittney for the necklace and the $$)! I love getting together with them even though we had all the munckins with us. That was a nice way to start off the celebrations.
Then yesterday continued the birthday celebrations. I have a wonderful husband who did everything in his power to make sure the day was a special one for me. I woke up to my yummy oatmeal breakfast made for me and then when I got home from the gym, Glen Allen had cleaned the whole house for me! Seriously, that is one of the best treats for a mom. For lunch, we went to Mimi's Cafe with all of my in-laws where I got some much needed spending cash and a certificate for a free night at a hotel with babysitting included. (Glen Allen didn't complain about that present!)
After relaxing and trying to digest the huge lunch, Glen Allen got a babysitter and took me out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Not only was a nice date night planned, but without me finding out, Glen Allen arranged a little surprise party for me. A bunch of our friends were waiting at the restuarant when we got there. (And yes, just in case anyone was wondering, I did ride the "birthday bull" at dinner. There are pictures but I don't think I need to embarrass myself anymore!) The night was full of great food, great gifts and great company until the wee hours of the morning! Thank you so much babe for the flowers, the spending money, the purse and especially for making my big day such a special one! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my purse?) Thank you!!!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday again! It was a fun night for sure! Dirty Minds anyone?!?!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! By the way is your husband willing to give lessons on romancing your wife? I could pay? ;)

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I sounds like you had an awesome day! What type of purse did you get? I love purses and would love to kow about it! P.s. I like the new look of your blog! Very cute!

The Wilkes said...

Holy cow!!! Heather Bean!! It's Erin (Nelson) Wilkes. Leann found my blog and posted a comment the other day. Then I got to snooping onto her friends list and just found you! Your kids are adorable. I'm so glad you have a blog so we can keep in contact. Hope you're doing well!