Friday, December 21, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 8:32 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 8:23 AM
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 7:44 PM
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 11:53 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 11:45 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 11:37 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 11:31 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 11:26 AM
Thursday, November 29, 2007
I know, I know... I am such a slacker. My last post was in October, how lame! I don't feel like I have any time to post anything on the blog page because everytime I am on the computer, I feel like I should be doing school. I have 5 freakin' classes right now and I am drowning!! On top of that, (are you ready for this, you might want to sit down) I am training for a half marathon. Crazy I know... Heather running? It doesn't happen but I guess it's a good excuse to get all this ugly baby fat off! So, the moral of the story is... I need to get on top of my pictures. Hopefully in the next few days I will post some pictures to update everyone on what the Jones' have been up to lately!
Posted by Jones Family at 3:58 PM
Monday, October 22, 2007
So literally as I am typing my last post about the
house, I look over and see this....
Jaxon is trying to eat a marshmallow that is stuck to the floor from Glen's Count Chocula cereal this morning. It would be one thing if he was just picking it off the floor and eating it (he is a boy, boys do that) but he has to take it one step further by trying to literally eat/lick it off the floor. YUCK!!! The funny thing is, he didn't even succeed... the marshmallow is still stuck to the floor!
Posted by Jones Family at 4:11 PM
Posted by Jones Family at 3:51 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 7:14 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 7:07 AM
Monday, October 15, 2007
Glen David also took his very first ride on a quad all by himself! It was AWESOME! He gunned it, had his first wreck as the quad flipped over on him, he got back up and gunned it again, at which point he did a 360 and then decided he was done! His dad was SO proud!
All in all, it was a great trip! I had my first experience riding the dunes and loved it! All I need to do now is rob a bank so I can buy myself a quad and a toy hauler! :)
Posted by Jones Family at 4:30 PM
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
So I have decided that I don't know what the deal is with my blog and I am feeling totally out of the loop so with the suggestion of my good friend Kasey, I am going to try to create a new page and see if that helps. I will send an update with the new blog address as soon as I get it done.
I am so busy with school, the boys and the whole moving drama that I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time on the blog. I will get it done soon though! :)
Posted by Jones Family at 10:50 AM
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
I figured out what the problem is... my memory is too low on my home computer so it won't let me add anything to the blog... so strange! Anyway, I need to get that fixed so I can update with new pictures.
As for updated news... it's a long story but we are not moving into the house on Power and Brown like we thought. That one fell through for several reasons, but we have an offer in on another one located on Sossaman and Guadalupe. The problem is, it's a pre-forclosure so we are just waiting for the bank to respond back to our offer. Keep your fingers crossed that they come through quickly... if not, we are homeless in less than 2 weeks.
Gotta run to go teach class but I will try to add more later!
Posted by Jones Family at 11:03 AM
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Okay, so to some of you this isn't new news but to others it might be! I am pregnant! HAA-HAA JUST KIDDING! Totally joking... but I bet that is what you were thinking huh? No, really the big news is... WE ARE MOVING! Yup, it's a bittersweet situation. We absolutely love our ward in Queen Creek and we are going to miss our good friends out here but we decided it's time to move. We sold our house (crazy as that sounds with the housing market these days) and we found one in Mesa (Power and Brown area). Of course if you know me at all, you know this just stresses me out like crazy because I don't handle change well... but deep down inside I really am excited! We have to be out of our house in Queen Creek by September 15th so hopefully everything will go smoothly with buying our new house so we are not homeless! :) I will keep everyone updated and will eventually get pictures up of the new house! If nothing else this just gives us an excuse to throw a house warming PARTY, right?!?
Posted by Jones Family at 1:02 PM
Friday, August 17, 2007
Okay, so I know I mentioned I have been having problems with my blog, but this is ridiculous! I am trying to figure it out. Of course my background situation still isn't fixed but on top of that, I am having the most difficult time just being able to sign in from my blog page. I don't know what the heck is going on.
I guess this is just one more thing to add to my HUGE list of added stress right now! I can't take it!
Posted by Jones Family at 10:12 PM
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Glen is such a little fish... he is taking survival swim lessons this summer and is doing great!
Glen Allen represented the family on the diving board since I wasn't about to get up there and try any of my old tricks. It's been about 10 years since I have been on a board and I didn't want to embarrass or kill myself. Plus, I don't think my body would be able to spin as fast now... the joys of child birth! :)
Posted by Jones Family at 8:08 AM
Friday, July 27, 2007
So I guess I have been tagged and I have to bore you with 7 random things about me that you might not know... I am sure you will think I am crazy by the time you are done reading all these or else you will think to yourself, "I can't believe I just wasted a few minutes of my life reading such boring information!" :) Either way, enjoy!!!
1. Okay, I know this is so strange and pretty OCD of me, but I don't like my food touching at all when I eat, I eat one thing at a time until it is completely gone and I usually start by eating my least favorite thing first so I can finish with my favorite thing as my last bite. Let me explain.... if I have steak, potatoes, peas and salad, first of all none of them can touch... the A-1 can not be touching my potatoes or the peas and don't even think about having the salad dressing run onto anything... GROSS! I don't mix my peas and potatoes like most people do! Yuck! So I will typically eat the peas first until they are completely gone. Then the potatoes but I don't mix them with a bite of steak. Then onto the salad and last of all, I finish with the steak and TONS of A-1 aka liquid gold!! :)
2. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at my house right now (although my husband did have it completely clean when I got home from class yesterday which was a pleasant surprise) but I am an organizational freak! I have a place for everything in my house and everything has a place! For the most part, I can tell you exactly where something is, which shelf it is on, whether it's on the left or right of the shelf and what other things you are going to be able to find around it. This has saved me several times and even though my husband thinks I am crazy, if you honestly ask him, he will admit that it has saved his tail end several times when he really needs something. I have slipped a little lately and I am afraid it seems to be getting worse with every kid we add to the family but I am still pretty OCD about organizing everything!
3. This is a totally bad trait to have but I seem to be a pesimist about everything. This drives my husband crazy, especially when I start with all the "what if" scenarios. My philosophy is, if I expect the worst than anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise and I won't be too devestated if the worst happens. I know... pretty lame huh? I am trying to get better and I am sure my husband will say I have improved quite a bit since we first got married... at least I would hope he thinks that.
4. I get motion sick real easily... which seems crazy since I love traveling and I was a gymnast and diver for years growing up (where I was constantly in the air and flipping all over the place). I hate rollercoasters and anything of that nature that goes around and around. Flying makes me sick so I have to drug up on Dramamine everytime. I also get sick in a car, unless I am sitting in the front seat watching the road. Don't ask me to read while I am a passenger in a car cause it won't happen. :) I also get sick on boats... just ask all the lovely people who had the opportunity to experience a boat ride with me in Hawaii, I don't think the fish have ever been fed so well in their lives!
5. Believe it or not, I have (had) a huge fear of public speaking. When I was in high school and in the singles ward I used to absolutely freak out when I was asked to give a presentation in class or give a talk in church. I would almost have anxiety attacks everytime I thought about getting up and giving a talk. From the minute I was asked until the minute I was done that was all I would think about and worry about. I would also break out into hives on my neck while speaking. The reason this is so strange to me now is because this is what I do for a living now. I am a college professor so I am speaking in public everyday. I have been teaching for 2 years now and to this day it still amazes my dad that I am a teacher. I can't tell you how many times I have heard him say... "I can't believe you are actually a teacher, out of all the professions in the world, I never thought you would do that"!
6. They still kind of give me the willies but not near as much as they used to, but I used to have a huge fear of needles! To give you just a brief idea of what I am talking about... I passed out (at the age of 16) when I got my ears double pierced because I thought about the fact that I had basically just had two shots in my ears. I used to get light headed walking into a doctor's office and seeing a jar of syringes on the table and there was no way I could watch any show on TV when they were showing a needle of any kind. I even told my mom as a teenager, that I was never going to have kids because I didn't want to have any shots or an epidural. My motto today is... "BRING ON THAT EPIDURAL - or in my case now with c-sections - BRING ON THAT SPINAL BLOCK"!! :)
7. The last thing that I am sure several people don't know about me, is that I used to be a springboard and platform diver. I dove for years (from the age of about 9 until I graduated high school). I used to compete in summer leagues when I was young and once I hit high school I competed year round...during the school season and then I was on the Jr. Olympic team during the spring and summer. I was also coached by several former olympic metalist (one of which came in 2nd behind Greg Louganis). I was offered several scholarships when I graduated high school but at that point I decided that I didn't want to be "owned" by a college team and that I wanted to pursue other things like... finding a husband! :)
So there you have it... some things that you might not have known about me! I now tag Anjane, Kasey and Savannah!
Posted by Jones Family at 8:49 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 8:34 AM
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 1:23 PM
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 2:26 PM
Posted by Jones Family at 2:13 PM
Friday, July 13, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 2:11 PM
Monday, July 9, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 2:11 PM
Posted by Jones Family at 12:56 PM
Monday, June 4, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 2:46 PM
Posted by Jones Family at 2:43 PM
Friday, May 18, 2007
Posted by Jones Family at 8:34 AM
Posted by Jones Family at 8:28 AM