Monday, August 11, 2008

Is it over YET?

Sorry for the lack of postings lately... I have been in a "funk" for most of the summer. I will be so happy when the summer is over, because this one has been the hardest, by far, since Glen Allen and I have been married. Between family problems, car problems, $$$ problems, no vacation, the crappy economy (which is a contributor to problem #3), the summer heat (which always puts me in a bad mood) and dealing with the lovely 3 year old attitude, it's been quite an interesting few months. I am sure all these little "trials" are for a reason, however, I really wish I would learn the lesson(s) soon so I can move on. Even though I have had a rough summer, I am very grateful for the blessings that I do have. Sometimes it takes some real pondering for me to realize what I am blessed with (since I am such a nego - a quality I need to work on) but I know I have been blessed and prayers have been answered. I am so grateful for such great support from friends and family (especially my husband and my mom)... they do a great job of keeping me sane when I am about to have a complete meltdown. Hopefully things will start being on the up and up soon! I will keep my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

I've been thinking about you guys a lot. It was fun to catch up with you at the party the other night. I hope things get better soon. Even if your trials are small (which I know they're not) they can add up fast! I know things will get better soon.

Melissa said...

It was so great seeing you guys while we were back in AZ. Thanks for putting that little get together on. BTW - I have sent you like 5 invites to our blog and you haven't accepted them. Get on it girl. ;)