Thursday, November 13, 2008

The BEAST!


Is it just me or does anyone have one of those days where nobody does anything right, your patience are non-existent, you want to bite the head off of anyone who comes within 15 feet of you, and you feel like the worst wife and mom ever? Well, today is one of those days! I am not quite sure what happened... maybe my college kids started me off on a bad note, I don't know, but I am the biggest grouch in the world today. After exchanging some "words" with my class today for being slackers, I finished up the lecture and headed over to pick up the boys. The minute I got there the kid drama started with the talking back, tantrums, whinning, etc. Then I met Glen at his mom's house and headed over to the MVD to deal with car registration crap (which by the way, I found out I need emissions done on my car that has 5 month old expired tags... how lovely!) while fighting the boys who were running around the MVD like they were at Disneyland. At that point, the patience were gone! Then I had to meet a student of mine to pick up her speech and on my way over I broke down and lost it on the phone with my husband. He insisted on meeting me to take the boys so I could have a break. I was so mad (a combination of frustration, pride and embarrassment) at the fact that I was to the point where he thought I needed "me" time. Needless to say, he took the boys, I stopped to grab a bite to eat (which could have been part of my problem... because I was hungry) and then I came home to work. I feel like I am attached to this computer all day long going from class to class to post, check emails, put out fires, and grade. My husband finally came home, put the boys down to sleep and here I sit... typing away, wallowing in pity and shame that I am such a mess today. Plus I figure if I hide out in the office, I won't bite my husbands head off again for no good reason. I am so grateful for such a wonderful, understanding husband who knew I needed "me" time and didn't let me talk him out of it and who forgives me for being such a cranky wife! I LOVE YOU babe! Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up on the right side of the bed.

5 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Hahaha...I know how those days are!! Not fun!! I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I wish you were coming with mom tonight. I miss ya!!!

Kristal said...

Maybe it's in our water cuz I had a similar day. And I think you're a great mom and wife!

Hiatt Family said...

Trust me, you are definitely not the only one that has those days!I think Linc is so used to tantrums, that having kids will be a breeze for him. Ha ha. :) I just hate it when I know that I'm being so mean & I just keep acting that way...or I don't even care because I'm in such a bad mood. I hope tomorrow is better for you! Give yourself a break though...you have SO much on your plate right now! I think it's normal to have a breakdown every once in awhile!

Kasey said...

How stange because you just summed up my day to a T! I thought I was alone, but I guess you were right there with me! I so need a girls night, but it seems there is no time or a good day. That is frustrating me too. My mom called at about 2:30 and I was so done! Then s**t hit the fan at about 5pm and my kids both spent a lot of time in their rooms. I could have killed them, but because I'm mature and educated, I made them stay in their rooms upstairs and I came down stairs. Hopefully a slow down is coming because I'm so done!

The Nielsons said...

Boy I'm glad other people have those days.. and believe me that will not be the last. Heather you are such a hard worker and a great mother and wife. Remember you deserve the "me " days.