Monday, May 4, 2009

April at a Glance!

Okay, so I average a post once a month... I guess that's better than nothing right?!? I feel like I never have time to do anything on this stupid computer unless it's grading papers or doing school. I am literally on this thing 6-7 hours a day and I am sure my poor boys are going to grow up hating computers because mommy was always on it. Anyway, I am way behind on posting what the Jones' have been up to but here is April in fast forward:

April 10th... Glen Allen's Birthday! The BIG 2-9!!! Yeah, I know... he's getting old but he is still as handsome as ever! We hit up Dave and Busters for lunch and then went out on the town (without the kids) that night for Texas Roadhouse (sorry, no saddle riding, he was being a party pooper)!
April 11th - The annual Allen Easter party! Yummy breakfast, the traditional egg toss (the winner got a 3 night stay in Cali - no we didn't win) and the kids Easter egg hunt which had to be moved downstairs in my in-laws basement because of the rain. Glen David was devistated that he couldn't do the egg toss with the big kids so Glen Allen did his own little egg toss with Glen David and he was not happy when it finally broke.



April 12 - Easter! The Easter bunny found his way to our house and left the boys a little basket with goodies inside and for some reason had a hard time carrying all his candy because he left a trail throughout the house for the boys to find! Good times!

April 18th - Monthly Mud Bog! Oh yeah, you can just call us Redneck!! Out at the motocross track they just started a once a month mud bog and sand drag where everyone comes out to watch idiots get their jeeps/trucks/quads/whatever, stuck in over 4 feet of solid mud, and also to watch all the guys with expensive sand rails drag to see whose is faster! My husband LOVES this (of course the boys do too)! There is a guy in our ward who has an old beater truck that my husband was able to ride in and become a true Chickin' Pickin' Jones BOY! Giddy up! Next time I will be getting a pedi while the boys hang with the Hillbillies!


April 21st - We found new renters! YAHOOO!!! Heavenly Father definitely answers prayers!!!



April 24-25th - Grandma and Grandpa's Ward Campout! We headed up to Reynolds Creek to get out of the heat and enjoy a little camping. The boys loved it... making S'mores, playing in the fire, playing kickball, catching bugs with daddy and just getting dirty!



All in all... a busy, eventful month for the Jones'!! Now my goal for this month is to stay on top of updating... we will see if I can really do it!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Busy as always :D Congrats on the renters, what a relief!

Leann said...

Your life sounds so glamourous, full of parties and camping... so jealous! (course I refuse to go camping until this baby is out of me!) :)