Thursday, February 21, 2008

Answer to prayers!

Well, I just thought I would give everyone an update from the last two depressing posts... things are now looking much better in the Jones' house! Glen Allen landed another job (thank goodness) and he is going to do great! It's an outside sales job which he loves (no 8:00 to 5:00) and he has the potential to really succeed. Then on top of that, the long awaited day has finally come after having gone through just about every emotion in the book from frustration, to fear, to failure... I landed a killer job as a Masters Professor for the University of Phoenix Online!!!! Yahoo, yeah can you believe it?? Me... a Masters Professor?!? Who would have thought! Definitely not me! The minute I recieved the email that I was able to move onto the next step in the candidate process I started crying and called Glen Allen in tears. I have been wanting this so bad and I was to the point of feeling like I had exhausted all my options and that it was time to just give it up but my prayers were finally answered. The timing couldn't be more perfect and it's definitely an answer to prayers. My mom always tells me that everything happens on the Lord's timetable and that I need to just have faith and of course she is right! I am so excited to be able to stay at home with my boys and teach at the same time! As my husband says, "I get to work naked if I wanted!". :) I wouldn't go that far, but it is going to be nice to sit in front of the computer in my pj's and teach! Yahoo!!!
Also a follow up on my little 2 week fiasco of being sick... I am finally feeling better, I guess all I had according to the hospital, was a sinus infection! But it was definitely NOT a cheap sinus infection!! My hospital bills are unbelieveable and by the way... the Gilbert Hospital doesn't take Blue Cross Blue Shield! I wish I would have known that BEFORE!

6 comments:

Kasey said...

OMG Heather! That is awesome! I so wish I would have gotten my degree so long ago. But, like you said everything does happen for a reason. Congrats, Professor!

Amanda said...

Congrats on both jobs!! I am so glad that you are feeling better!
Amanda

ashley said...

Hooray! What great news! I'm so excited for both of you... and for your boys to have you home with them too!!!
As far as your sick bout, there is a para-influenza going around that doesn't show up as the flu on flu tests - but has all the same symptoms & lasts for a week or two, with a cough for the next 2-3 weeks after that. (according to my BFF in med school in Tucson who also has it herself) So, perhaps that's what you got! ...And it wasn't just a sinus infection. :)
Anyway, SO great to hear that things are on the up & up!

Rich Angie said...

Heather, that's just awesome for both of you! Congrats!! Glad you're feeling better as well :)

Melissa said...

That's great! I'm glad things are looking up for you guys. Best of luck on the new careers. That's always an exciting and scary time.

the Painters said...

Oh Heather this is such great news!!!!!! I love that G.A got the job and that you did too! And yes, your answers were definitely heard and answered. You are such a wonderful and faithful woman and I'm just so glad you came out of the past couple months with triumph and blessings. And yes, you certainly CAN teach naked!!!! Just don't do any tests through a webcam ;)