Friday, April 25, 2008

Kids... sometimes I wonder...


So I thought the saying was the "terrible 2's"... no one informed me of the horrific 3's! I don't know if it's just me (my husband will say yes!) or what but this week all my patience have flown right out the window!!! It is a good thing Glen David is on a fathers and sons campout right now or I would probably have him locked in a closet while I was curled up in the fetal position in a corner bawling my eyes out or pulling all my hair out! Here are a few adventures of my week with Glen David:


1. At 7:00 am (right after waking up) I found him sitting on a chair in my living room shoveling as many Hershey kisses in his mouth as he possibly could. His answer to my question of "what in the world are you doing?" was, "I'm just hungry." What a lovely way to start off a day.


2. After loosing the 3 hour battle of attempting nap time yesterday, it ended with no nap for either of the boys, lots of spanking and yelling, baby lotion all over the floor, all the shelves in the closet (even the top one) completely empty all over the floor along with two buckets of approximately 20 pairs of shoes, and the top drawer of Jaxon's clothes. (the day before during nap time he got out the Vicks Vapo Rub and rubbed that all over the furniture in his room and all over his feet).


3. Peeing right in the middle of his bedroom floor... "just because".


4. Purposely crumbling several crackers in his hands and scattering them all over the kitchen floor because he thought it was fun.


5. Filling up a cup of water from the fridge to the top and then standing there watching it overflow all over the floor as he continued to push the button.


I am sure there are more but it's late and my blood is beginning to boil just thinking about the past few days. I am sure the little antics are not done and hopefully next week I will be able to practice a little more patience but this week was not the week to mess with 'mean old mom'! As my grandma nicely put it tonight, I need the saying she has on her fridge... "Lord grant me patience, but please hurry!"

10 comments:

Amanda said...

I am feeling for you right now! My Sophie is starting to turn into a crazy person now that Laynie is here! Good luck!
Amanda

Leann said...

there is no way that is just you! that's quite a week. I'm sorry, hope this week goes better!

Natalie said...

Oh man Heather...that is some crazy stuff! I hope things are a little bit more mellow for you now! Congrats on the great job, by the way. I'm bummed I couldn't see you when Carson and I were in AZ last week! Hope things go better for you and your cute boys!

Kasey said...

Hear ya! But we'll talk Thursday. Yeah for girls night!

Hiatt Family said...

I'm sorry Heather! Man, I cry & pull my hair out over less than that. :) You know,I'm always wishing that we had kids in our home right now...but then I read stories like yours & think...hmm, maybe I should just enjoy these quiet years. :) Good luck with him! Oh, & the dog is beautiful!!!

The Kemptons said...

Heather you are a great mom. Some how these little cuties go crazy on us somedays. Kent went crazy like two days ago and I could handle it anymore so I took him to my parents to play with my dad. Witin seconds he was a calm and was a different person. What is it about being home with mom somedays that they act this way. He does not act this way with Kash. Good luck. See you Saturday.

Agnes said...

I had a blast on Thursday...You always make me laugh. We really need to get a group of gals and go out again!

Girl, I love how you asked for patience...I need to do that more :)

Oh, and I agree..my three year old is super difficult right now...The "nap thing" don't even get me started!Either I work super hard to get her to take one and when she finally falls asleep she sleeps till dinner and won't go to bed at night OR I don't give her a nap and she falls asleep just before dinner on my couch and I can't wake her up...then when she wakes up, she's up till about 10pm or longer....because she's not tired any more.

The Kemptons said...

Hey guys, we went private so will you email me your email address and I'll send you an invite to the blog. www.tiffanykempton@gmail.com
Thanks for coming on Sat. It was fun.

Melissa said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, then know 2 things: it gets better at age 4.5 (so hold on for another year or so) and EVERY parent has these same experiences (especially with little boys). I think that's why I gained so much weight - everytime the kids made me feel like I was going crazy, I grabbed chocolate. In other words, chocolate is all I eat now. :)

The Kemptons said...

It's me again bugging you. I need your home address for a thank you note please. And email me your email address.