Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's been a LoNg RoAd...

Today marks the start of my very first class with the University of Phoenix Online. Back in February I received the "green light" to begin down the LONG road towards becoming online faculty. Believe it or not, I just started teaching my mentorship class today (after 3 months of training)... which means I am teaching my own class but I just have a seasoned faculty member shadowing me to make sure I am doing everything right and to make sure I don't have any questions or problems. It was a little nerve-racking to start today but I am sure it will be great! I feel so unqualified to be teaching a Masters level course especially since most of my students have several years on me but my husband always tell me, "You don't give yourself enough credit."

I am so grateful for the little blessings in life (like this one) that I receive. I have been working towards this goal for over 3 years now and it's finally here. I have hopefully seen my last day in the actual classroom (which I know I will miss) and I am able to teach from home. I have the best of both worlds... teaching and earning money while staying home with my boys!

4 comments:

Leann said...

That's awesome! Keep up the good work! You'll be fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Long time no see! I am glad that Amanda keeps in touch with you, so that I could track you down!! Come and see what's up wiht us! mmfinch.blogspot.com TTYL

Agnes said...

That's wonderful! Great Job! You'll do a great job teaching...As women we often don't give ourselves the credit we deserve. You do have the best of 2 worlds!

Hiatt Family said...

That's AWESOME Heather! I can tell that you are such a hard worker. And I agree with Glen Allen...I'm sure that you don't give yourself enough credit & that you are a lot more qualified than you think you are! Have fun teaching!