Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gilbert High School 10 - year reunion!

This past weekend was Glen's 10 year high school reunion. Friday night he went to the reunion over at Superstition Springs Golf Course into the wee hours of the night... he had a blast and was glad he went. I ended up not going because it was $100 a person (plus the cost of a babysitter if I had gone) and I didn't know anyone so I figured I would save us the money. Plus, Glen and Katie (one of Glen's partners in crime throughout high school - we love you Katie!) decided to put together a picnic the next day for the families to come, so I figured I would meet a few people there. We had the party/picnic over at my in-laws house and it turned out great! Everyone brought their own food and we got out the cotton candy machine and the popcorn machine for the little kids! I am sure several of those kids didn't take a nap because of the incredible sugar rush. I swear, one little boy had about 5-6 things of cotton candy! Yikes! Katie also brought their golf cart and a little train ride thing for the kids. They loved it! Then one of Glen's friends brought his wheel invention (for lack of a better term) and it was awesome. He found a metal electrical wheel in the bottom of a retention basin and decided to make a ride out of it. He made sure that everyone had a chance (both old and young) to experience it and let me just tell you, I am glad I ate lunch after riding on it or I would have lost my lunch! It was nice to meet some of my husbands friends and their families. The weather was beautiful, the company was good, the kids had fun so all in all, it was a success.














































3 comments:

Kannan Kumar said...

Check out this funny site:
wit n humour
Help us spread the word to friends. THX

Kristal said...

I wish I had gotten to go to my reunion :( By the way, when are you going to post some pics of yourself - you are looking so AWESOME!

Oh, and thanks so much for this post, you're making me feel old :P

The Ray Family said...

Looks like fun Party! My in laws fun wheel caught me by surprise and then I see Rusdon and Emily in the pics, Rusdon is Nielsons brother. I didnt realize Glen ran around with Rusdon at all in high school. ;)