Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Official!



So as some of you may remember, about a year ago there was talk of me doing a 5K in Utah with my mom, sister, aunt and cousins. Well, that didn't happen. Then my aunt Lyn was still on this kick of doing something along the same lines and has convinced us (I have been a little slow to accept it and jump on the bandwagon) to complete a triathlon. There is nothing triathlon about me! Running... how about a "leisurely stroll"? Biking... does it have a motor? Swimming... how about drowning! Anyway, after fighting the urge and occasionally acting like I was really training, I thought what the heck... why not?!? I don't have to win and as long as I can at least crawl over the finish line within 24 hours of starting the race, I should be okay. Well, my mom just called and it's official... I am now registered! The good news is at this point, I can actually run the full 5K without stopping (or passing out), I can at least finish all 400 meters of the swim only guzzling about half a gallon of water (which is an accomplishment) and although I have endured blisters in places I never thought possible... me and cycle class have developed a love/hate relationship thanks to the greatest invention in the world... PADDED BIKING SHORTS! Who would have thought?? The triathlon is on November 1st... only 18 more days until D-DAY! Anyone want to join the "Heather circus" with me? It should be quite comical to say the least! Any words of advice? I need all the help I can get! I will make sure to update you on the results if I make it back alive.

7 comments:

Kristal said...

So exciting! You can do it!

Reid and Brittney said...

I am so excited for you but so sad at the same time that I can't do it with you and mom. It will be hard but way rewarding and you'll have the ability to say you completed it. You are going to do great!!! You'll have to have Glen take pictures and you'll have to post them so I can see. I'll be with you in spirit!!! Good luck!!!Miss ya!

Natalie said...

You'll do great! I am excited to hear how things go once you guys have finished it. Padded biking shorts are amazing! Definitely makes it easier on the toosh! Good luck, you'll do awesome! Help my mom to stop falling off her bike okay. j/k :) Have fun with the training, if possible. :)

Kasey said...

Good luck! I'll be cheering you on from my bed! I'm excited for you though. Really. I want to do a 5K and finish and then do a 10K. That's goal enough for me! You can totally do it and you'll ROCK! Good luck!

Leann said...

wow, that's awesome! Good luck! I know you can do it! I've always wanted to do a triathalon, so maybe next time...

The Ray Family said...

YIKES WOMAN!! You have more guts then me for sure! I have thought about getting my butt in gear and signing up for one of those..and then I wake up! :) Good luck though....I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Agnes said...

Good Luck!!! I'm sure you'll do great!