Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mom, is it Halloween Day?

Last weekend Glen Allen went out of town on a hunting trip with the boys (no-they didn't have any luck) and Glen David wanted to go. Of course that was not going to happen so he thought he would give Glen David something else to think about and be excited about instead of hunting.... the ward "truck-or-treat" party! Lucky me... I spent about 4-5 days of constant questioning, "Mom is today Halloween Day?" "Mom when are we going to Halloween?" "Mom, when is the party?" Finally the day came and he was SO excited to be a "motorcycle dude". Glen wore his motorcycle gear (basically an excuse to at least get some use out of the stinkin' expensive riding gear he had to have) and Jaxon was SUPERMAN! My mom came over and helped me get the boys ready and was my saving grace at the ward party. She handed out candy while I took the boys around. The boys LOVED it! By about 3 cars into the ordeal, they knew exactly what to say in order to fill their buckets!
Now that the ward truck-or-treat is over, the questioning starts over with, "Mom, when is it real Halloween and not church Halloween?" Don't you just love the 3 year old questioning age???








4 comments:

Kristal said...

They were so cute, too!

The Ray Family said...

Love it!!! Doesnt it make it sooooo much funner through these fun holidays to have your kids know whats going on?? I love the excitment in there eyes at this age!!! Cute Costumes too!!!

Reid and Brittney said...

That is too cute and way funny because Luke is going to be superman too. How fun!!! We miss you guys.

Natalie said...

How fun! The boys look so cute in their Halloween costumes! I bet they are way excited for real Halloween to come! I'm glad you had fun at the ward trunk-or-treat! :)