Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Callings!

I forgot to mention the latest news and big changes in terms of callings! Glen Allen was originally the Elders Quorum 1st counselor and I was the Home Family and Personal Enrichment Leader. A few weeks ago there were major changes in the boundaries of our stake so the bishop decided to change just about everything around. Glen Allen (are you ready for this??) is the new Young Mens PRESIDENT! Yup... my crazy husband is now the "leader" for all the young men in the ward. I gave the bishop a hard time when he called him and asked if he really knew what he was getting himself into. But in all seriousness, Glen Allen will do GREAT! He has already grown to love all those he works with and presides over. As for mine... I was afraid it would be nursery (when the counselor over the primary called me to set up a new calling visit) but luckily, I was called to the Activity Day leader (10-11 year old girls). I am really excited about the calling, although I will miss my HFPE calling. Change is never easy but it always makes for some fun and exciting times! Here's to our new callings!

3 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

You guys will do great in those callings! YM Pres...crazy!!!

Kasey said...

I was just called to Act Days too! We'll have to get together and share ideas. I'm sure Glen will be great as YM pres. For fun!

Franklin Family said...

Hey Heather! I love your blog, and I'm so glad you updated it. I have a question about teaching online - will you email me when you can? franklinmrs01@yahoo.com. Thanks!