Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Durango, Colorado and the CRAZY Romneys!!






Can I just tell you how much I hate the Arizona heat?!? I knew I didn't like it but after spending the weekend in Colorado, I don't know how I handle 115 degrees for months at a time! We had such a great time and did I mention the beautiful weather?!? :) The Romney's (my mom's side of the family) had a reunion in Durango that has been long awaited. I haven't seen most of my cousins since my Junior year of high school when my grandpa passed away, so it was crazy to see everyone again, I almost didn't even recognize some of them! To give you an idea about what an adventure it was... there was about 75-80 people and about 25 of those were under the age of 3 staying in a lodge!! Let's just say, the Romney's definitely follow the "multiply and replenish" counsel! As one of the granddaughters, I was in charge of the planning and my "area of expertise" for this reunion was planning the activities. On Friday we all went to Durango Mountain Resort to do the alpine slides, mini golf, bungee trampoline, etc. As you can see, Glen David wasn't really fond of the bungee trampoline even though he kept saying, "I wanna jump on the trampopine!" After Durango mountain, Glen Allen took his other "baby" (not the dirtbike, but his truck) and did a little 4x4 with some of the cousins. Luckily the truck came back in one piece and no one had to dig them out! Then on Saturday we took the kids up to Silverton (about 50 miles outside of Durango) to walk around all the little shops, and we just happened to find the best funnel cakes around! Then that afternoon, we left the boys with grandma and grandpa and went white water rafting with about 25 of the cousins, aunts and uncles. It was an ABSOLUTE BLAST! The rapids were pretty lame but we made our own fun! The tour guides said they had never seen such a huge water fight last the entire stretch of the river! That night we had a family fireside/devotional that was really incredible and we ended the night with root beer floats and an apple pie carmel apple we got at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! It was delish! Then Sunday we made the 6 hour treck back to the blazing Arizona sun! (The last picture is my mom - in the pink and white - with all her siblings).

1 comments:

Malinda said...

okay so you need to teach my how you got that cute background and call me so we can get together. YOu traveling girl you!!