Friday, July 27, 2007

TAGGED!!!

So I guess I have been tagged and I have to bore you with 7 random things about me that you might not know... I am sure you will think I am crazy by the time you are done reading all these or else you will think to yourself, "I can't believe I just wasted a few minutes of my life reading such boring information!" :) Either way, enjoy!!!

1. Okay, I know this is so strange and pretty OCD of me, but I don't like my food touching at all when I eat, I eat one thing at a time until it is completely gone and I usually start by eating my least favorite thing first so I can finish with my favorite thing as my last bite. Let me explain.... if I have steak, potatoes, peas and salad, first of all none of them can touch... the A-1 can not be touching my potatoes or the peas and don't even think about having the salad dressing run onto anything... GROSS! I don't mix my peas and potatoes like most people do! Yuck! So I will typically eat the peas first until they are completely gone. Then the potatoes but I don't mix them with a bite of steak. Then onto the salad and last of all, I finish with the steak and TONS of A-1 aka liquid gold!! :)

2. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at my house right now (although my husband did have it completely clean when I got home from class yesterday which was a pleasant surprise) but I am an organizational freak! I have a place for everything in my house and everything has a place! For the most part, I can tell you exactly where something is, which shelf it is on, whether it's on the left or right of the shelf and what other things you are going to be able to find around it. This has saved me several times and even though my husband thinks I am crazy, if you honestly ask him, he will admit that it has saved his tail end several times when he really needs something. I have slipped a little lately and I am afraid it seems to be getting worse with every kid we add to the family but I am still pretty OCD about organizing everything!

3. This is a totally bad trait to have but I seem to be a pesimist about everything. This drives my husband crazy, especially when I start with all the "what if" scenarios. My philosophy is, if I expect the worst than anything better than that will be a pleasant surprise and I won't be too devestated if the worst happens. I know... pretty lame huh? I am trying to get better and I am sure my husband will say I have improved quite a bit since we first got married... at least I would hope he thinks that.

4. I get motion sick real easily... which seems crazy since I love traveling and I was a gymnast and diver for years growing up (where I was constantly in the air and flipping all over the place). I hate rollercoasters and anything of that nature that goes around and around. Flying makes me sick so I have to drug up on Dramamine everytime. I also get sick in a car, unless I am sitting in the front seat watching the road. Don't ask me to read while I am a passenger in a car cause it won't happen. :) I also get sick on boats... just ask all the lovely people who had the opportunity to experience a boat ride with me in Hawaii, I don't think the fish have ever been fed so well in their lives!

5. Believe it or not, I have (had) a huge fear of public speaking. When I was in high school and in the singles ward I used to absolutely freak out when I was asked to give a presentation in class or give a talk in church. I would almost have anxiety attacks everytime I thought about getting up and giving a talk. From the minute I was asked until the minute I was done that was all I would think about and worry about. I would also break out into hives on my neck while speaking. The reason this is so strange to me now is because this is what I do for a living now. I am a college professor so I am speaking in public everyday. I have been teaching for 2 years now and to this day it still amazes my dad that I am a teacher. I can't tell you how many times I have heard him say... "I can't believe you are actually a teacher, out of all the professions in the world, I never thought you would do that"!

6. They still kind of give me the willies but not near as much as they used to, but I used to have a huge fear of needles! To give you just a brief idea of what I am talking about... I passed out (at the age of 16) when I got my ears double pierced because I thought about the fact that I had basically just had two shots in my ears. I used to get light headed walking into a doctor's office and seeing a jar of syringes on the table and there was no way I could watch any show on TV when they were showing a needle of any kind. I even told my mom as a teenager, that I was never going to have kids because I didn't want to have any shots or an epidural. My motto today is... "BRING ON THAT EPIDURAL - or in my case now with c-sections - BRING ON THAT SPINAL BLOCK"!! :)

7. The last thing that I am sure several people don't know about me, is that I used to be a springboard and platform diver. I dove for years (from the age of about 9 until I graduated high school). I used to compete in summer leagues when I was young and once I hit high school I competed year round...during the school season and then I was on the Jr. Olympic team during the spring and summer. I was also coached by several former olympic metalist (one of which came in 2nd behind Greg Louganis). I was offered several scholarships when I graduated high school but at that point I decided that I didn't want to be "owned" by a college team and that I wanted to pursue other things like... finding a husband! :)

So there you have it... some things that you might not have known about me! I now tag Anjane, Kasey and Savannah!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

I have been tagged twice before, so I don't think I have any more interesting facts about myself to share. I will say the I too am pestimistic about most everything! I always worry about the what if. That's about 90% of the reason why I'm getting my degree. I'm so scared that Rocky is going to die or be disabled and I have to support our family. This sounds dumb, but when I was pregnant with my first I was so scared he would be ugly. Who thinks that about their own child? Luckily for me he is stinkin cute so no worries! Rocky is very optimistic so I guess we compliment one another well. If not we would be destined for trouble. i'm trying harder though to find the good in things and situations before I find the bad. That would be a huge step for me. Ok, long comment. Now I'm done.

Melissa said...

fun to read! i feel like i know you so much better :) cute background too! where did you download it from? i'm looking for something different. let me know!