Friday, June 13, 2008

Regrets???

So I missed the deadline (on purpose) for paying for my 10 year reunion and they don't take payment at the door so I am not going. Am I crazy? I wonder if I will regret it? I don't know! I had mixed emotions and feelings about my 10 year. First of all, I don't look anything like I did in high school (go figure 2 kids later) so my pride got the best of me (because even though I shouldn't, I still care about what people think of me) and I don't want to go back looking like I do. Second of all, I don't want to pay $120 for a, most likely, lame dinner so everyone else can get wasted on my dime. Third, there really aren't too many people from high school that I care to see and the ones that I would want to see are probably not going to be there anyway. So are my excuses lame enough or what? I guess I am just trying to justify for myself, why I am not going. Does anyone else feel the same way?

5 comments:

Malinda said...

We just went to Brick's Ten year reunion. The food was semi good. and it was funner than I thought it was going to be. I was amazed at how many people I knew from his class. Go figure since it was a completely different school than mine. Plus it's fun to see if anybody married someone you knew. I think you may regret it. But there's always the 20 year.

Agnes said...

First of all, I hope you don't regret it...especially cause it's too late to change your mind. I was kinda feeling like you did. At first I WAS going... but now my best friend is having her second reception the exact same day and exact same time (pretty much same town)...I would feel bad if I left early to go. So I thought I just won't go to either. She may not even care, AND I WILL be at the temple and at the first reception that night. I don't know either... like I said, Hopefully you will not regret it... but there IS still more to come...like the
2oth. :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously it was no big deal at mine, then again that was 2 years ago... you youngin'! We didn't pay $120, but it wasn't that spectacular. I mean it was fun to see a few of them and where people ended up, but I would suggest to get in touch with a few close HS buddies that you may not see so often and do something with them. Hope you can figure something out!!

Leann said...

BEANER! hahaha... Don't you want to hear that one more time? Actually, those who called you that, won't be there.
Its ok, they cancelled the $120 night, cuz we're all too cheap to go... including me. But I am gonna go to Chuy's and if nothing else, I'll hang out with the guy who's last name starts with a Z that I never knew in high school, cuz your and my names started with A and B. (isn't it funny how your friends are decided my the first letter of your last name?) But I know him now, cuz he's works at the same place I do.

By the way, my offer still remains, if you want to come to the Chuy's night or the park day, to crash at my house. I'd love to see you, even if other people don't care.

Melissa said...

Are you guys going to ours (Glen's)? We're not, obviously, since we're way out here in KY, but I was shocked to see that they wanted $89/person! Rip off!