Thursday, June 19, 2008

Unusual Father's Day

This fathers day was a little out of the ordinary than the typical fathers day. Our family has been experiencing a rather large trial lately which had a direct affect on the events that typically surround fathers day. Without going into detail, we decided as a family that the day would be better enjoyed as a family rather than going to church. We woke up bright and early and went over for breakfast at my mother-in-laws house to enjoy some yummy muffins and cereal. Then as a family (including my mother-in-law, my brother-in-law Colter, my sister-in-law Connie and her family) we took a Sunday drive up to Woods Canyon Lake to have a picnic. It was so nice to get out of town for the day and to enjoy a little bit of cooler weather. We had our picnic and then the boys had a good time attempting to catch critters in the lake.

After spending a few hours enjoying the outdoors we headed back home to have dinner with my family. Instead of the usual Sunday dinner at my moms house, I decided to invite everyone over to my house for dinner. It was a little cramped for space but it was nice to have everyone over. I am very grateful for my father and the exmaple he is to me. I love him so much! I am also very blessed to have a wonderful husband. He is such a great father to our boys and there is no doubt how much he loves them and they love him!

1 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

We love you guys so much & want you to know that you are in our thoughts & prayers. I'm glad that you were able to get away for Father's Day.