Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great Grandpa Jones




Last week our family experienced a great loss. Glen Allen's grandpa Jones passed away. He was a great man and will be greatly missed. I really appreciated how he always made me feel so welcome in the family and he was constantly reminding me about what great ancestors I have. (He knew my grandpa Romney growing up, which was something special we used to talk about ... the "Romney temper" that he often dealt with). :) The funeral services went as well as can be expected and it was nice to see all the Jones aunts, uncles, and cousins again. With all the family in town grandma Jones took the opportunity to have family pictures taken at the temple. Here is one of Glen Allen and Jaxon as we are waiting for all the family to arrive (with Jaxon's infamous "big lips"). I am so lucky to have such handsome boys!! I will post the most recent family picture as soon as I get a hold of it.

4 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Sorry to hear about Glen's grandpa, he seemed like a nice and awesome guy. I had no idea he knew grandpa when he was growing up that is even better. Haha he remembered the romney temper that is too funny. Hope you guys are doing great. Talk to you soon. Love ya and miss ya!!!!

Kristal said...

Sorry to hear about that. How lucky we are to have the perspective we have, aren't we?! That's neat that his grandma wanted family pictures.

I found your blog through Sarah...hope you don't mind me checking in.

Hiatt Family said...

I was really sorry to hear the news that your grandpa died. I wanted to go to the funeral, but I missed it. I hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Grandpa Jones. I actually heard about it right away then realized that you're related to my cousin. Jan and Ron Jones. They are the ones who told us that grandpa Jones passed away. I hope things are going well for you.