Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Training, training and more training!

Only 2 more days to go until my 10K run! I know, to some of you it may sound like a small feat but to me, it's a big deal. A year ago I wouldn't have been able to run to the corner of my street without passing out from exhaustion! I have been training for the London's Run (a fundraising event for a little girl named London who died of Luekemia) for the past month or so and it's almost here! Last Saturday, my friend Amanda and I, mapped out a 6.2 mile run and tried it. Surprisingly it went really well (except for a potty break and mud). About a half a mile into it I thought there was no way I was going to be able to do it but then I calmed down, figured out my breathing and I was fine! It was awesome! Believe it or not, I actually caught a small glimpse of the running addiction... but probably not big enough of a glimpse to become one of these crazy marathon runners. Although, never say never, because I said I would never do a tri-athlon and it happened! Anyway, the day before we ran, it had rained so unfortunately we had to deal with mud which slowed us down more than I would have liked, but I am glad we did it. I feel more confident now since I know I will at least be able to complete the run without dying. Hopefully my feet will cooperate with me... I think I have bone spurs in my heels but I am too chicken to go get them checked out. :) Now I just need to figure out something else to train for.... any suggestions? My mom wants me to do the women's tri-athlon in Vegas in May but I am fighting it big time... been there, done that, no thank you! Maybe I will just do the Body for Life training so I can be big and buff now! :)

6 comments:

The Nielsons said...

No!!! I say you do the Triathlon in Las Vegas... you haven't done one with hills :) Congratulations on your accomplishments. That is great, I can't wait till I can do 3.1 miles without stopping. I know you can do anything you put your mind to. I am very proud of you.

Reid and Brittney said...

That is so awesome. You are amazing...I am so proud of you and your accomplishment. Good luck on your 10K, you are my hero!!!!

Kristal said...

You're my hero. I was planning on doing London's Run and gave up before I even started training. How lame is that?!

I hope your fete will be OK. Good luck, not that you need it since you've been working so hard!

Hiatt Family said...

I'm so impressed. I am definitely one of those people that can barely make it down the street. I'm not sure I'll ever be a runner, but I really admire people who do it!

The Wilkes said...

Good luck! If you can do a 10k you can do a half marathon. Hope the run goes well, just don't push too hard in the first few miles or you might wear yourself out for the last miles. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Taya said...

I heard you saw my family at the run. Hope you had fun!