Monday, January 12, 2009

What a WEEKEND!

This weekend Glen Allen and I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss! For Christmas, my brother-in-law gave us a gift certificate for one of our favorite restaurants in Scottsdale called White Chocolate Grill, a free night at a Scottsdale Marriott and free babysitting. Talk about a GREAT present! So we decided to cash it all in for our anniversary which was Saturday. We left on Friday night and headed over to ritzy town (aka Scottsdale). We enjoyed a delicious dinner and dessert, that was to die for, at White Chocolate Grill and then decided to stroll around Desert Ridge Marketplace to walk off all that food we ate. After a little window shopping, we made it over to our beautiful resort for a night of no kids and pure luxury! Saturday morning we took advantage of sleeping in and lounging around for the morning and then hit up Coco's for breakfast (if you haven't ever tried their Cinnamon Roll French Toast, you are missing out!). After breakfast we headed over to Chase Field for the SuperCross pits. Glen Allen always complains how the SuperCross race in Phoenix is always on the weekend of our anniversary so he never gets to go, so I thought, heck why not? If I got a break from my kids and an overnighter at a hotel, we could do the SuperCross the night of our anniversary. He was in PARADISE! Motorcycles everywhere! The pits were not that exciting because we didn't really get to see anyone. The pits opened at 12:30 and closed around 6:00 which meant the riders were not out signing autographs until about 3 or 3:30. So basically all we saw was big huge fancy trailers, lots of fans and lots of expensive bikes. After the pits, we decided to go see a movie since we had about 3 1/2 hours to kill before the races started. We went to see BedTime Stories with Adam Sandler which was a really good, wholesome movie. I recommend it! After the movie, we flew back over to the SuperCross race. I don't typically get into the races when Glen Allen watches them on TV, but I must admit, I really did have a good time and by the end, I was actually screaming and standing in anticipation as the final lap of the 450's was happening and Bubba Stewart and Chad Reed were neck and neck! The only crappy thing about the race was our seats. Don't get me wrong, we had good seats but we were right above the steps where everyone walks in and out to the concessions and I swear I have never seen so much skin and cleavage in my life! I don't know what is it about SuperCross but it sure brings out the need for some very inappropriate clothing choices. Half the time I couldn't remember if we were really at SuperCross or at a Club with the lack of clothing around us! But enough about that... all in all we had a GREAT TIME and it will definitely be an anniversary to remember! I love you babe! Thanks for a great 6 years!

The beautiful roses that my husband brought home accompanied by some of my favorite CD's to replace the ones stolen a while back.
Outside of Coco's... I know... bad lighting!
The stroll down the train tracks to get to Chase Field.
Glen Allen suiting up for the MotoCross mechanical bike.
Ride baby, RIDE!
The upclose on the Jumbotron of the skinny 30 second SuperCross girls swaying their hips back and forth... lovely! We were honored to see this everytime a race started. :)
....and their off!
Some of the races...
Me and my baby having a great time!

9 comments:

The Ray Family said...

Oh YAY!! So glad you guys got such an awesome weekend for your anniversary!! Looks like you guys had so much fun together. This was the first year we missed supercross. And I have to agree...whats with all the slutzy dressed girls at Supercross. We have seen some horrible things there with girls. I will have to tell you about them wednesday. But the races are VERY fun to watch. We always have fun as well!

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversay Heather! It sounds like you guys had a blast! Hope you are doing well! :)

Kelli said...

yay on 6 years! we're coming up on 7 next month. i'm dying laughing at glen david calling his teacher fat, embarassing! kids are honest thought, what can you do? lol!

Kasey said...

Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a good time! I'm so ready for a weekend out with my man. It's been way too long!

Hiatt Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I've heard AMAZING things from my family about White Chocolate Grill...but I still haven't been there. It's funny, the only times I've been to Coco's is when having a sleepover or on some outing with Connie when we were younger. They must really like that place! Cute family pictures at the top of your blog by the way!!!

The Slider Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute. What a fun weekend! It has been a long time since Matt and I have done something like that...it's never too late, right!?!

Leann said...

Sooo cute! Your new family pics are awesome! I love the black and white.

J said...

Now that's how you celebrate an anniversary! Congratulations you 2.

The Kemptons said...

you look so good and i am glad you had a good time